Stepping Out Of My Comfort Zone

Wednesday, August 26, 2015



We all know that I have a deep affinity for interior design, but my first love will always be fashion and wardrobe styling. For years I've been helping friends and family members to organize and "makeover" their closets, and honestly nothing bring me more joy than to hear from a friend how fantastic they feel every day knowing that they have a closet full of clothes that they love, and how  something that simple can streamline their busy lives. Obviously, this translates to my own wardrobe and I am often editing what is in my own closet in an attempt to keep only the pieces I love and will actually wear.

Since the inception of the blog I've been dying to do wardrobe posts but given that 1) I'm not a model, and 2) how uncomfortable I feel in front of the camera, I've always shied away from doing so. Lately, however, I feel as though there is a void in the blog world in regards to fashion posts. Most are either done by gorgeous twenty somethings, or the clothes that are featured are either c/o (i.e gifted to them) or are so outrageously expensive that they aren't exactly obtainable to anyone outside of the fashion industry. What I've wanted to do for some time is shoot the clothes that are actually in my closet, featuring what I wear everyday (and some special occasion) to hopefully pass along some of that style and tips for you readers at home.

One of my best friends Jaimie, of Jaimie Baird Photography, is a genius photographer who has had her work featured in places like Vogue, Self, and Well + Good, along with many others. I knew that if there is anyone out there who could help me to feel comfortable in front of the camera, it would be her. A few months ago we discussed the idea of adding personal fashion posts to the blog, and luckily her enthusiasm about the idea matched mine!!! Last week we shot a number of outfits while she was in town, and the end result is so incredible! I can't believe it, but starting tomorrow I will begin sharing these posts with you all!

Every week or two I plan on featuring an outfit of the day post, and I hope you will love them as much as I do! As you can see from the post above (yes that is me, no I can't believe it either... thank you Jaimie) we shot in a very editorial way, but all the clothes featured are my own, and I hope the takeaway will be that you don't need to be a model, or have only designer pieces to look pulled together and stylish every day.

For those of you who follow me on Instagram, I'm also going to be sharing the looks through the LIKEtoKNOWit feature so if you'd like the sources from the outfits to be sent directly to your inbox (versus following the links from the blog) all you have to do is these simple steps:

1) follow me on Instagram @robinanderson09
2) register at www.LIKEtoKNOW.it
2) “like” my photos on Instagram
3) have the outfit details delivered straight to your inbox via email!

It's that easy!

I'll be sharing all the details from the photo above in a post next week, so be sure to stay tuned! I hope you all like this new content as much as I enjoyed creating it. For me this was proof that sometimes to create something great you just have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone! I could not be more grateful to Jaimie for these incredible photographs!!!

You can follow Jaimie on Instagram at @jaimiebaird, and check out some more of her beautiful work on her site JaimieBaird.com


2 comments :

Revival said...

yay! this is such a great idea! Although, I totally think you're model material. Can't wait for the post tomorrow. And if you need future post material, I have 2 cocktail events coming up and need help putting something together ;)

Lucy said...

YES!! So glad you're doing this. I read Marie Kondo's Lifechanging Magic of Tidying Up, purged, and... now am itching to buy & feeling like I don't have everything I need, but I definitely do. THANK YOU.